Odyssey Charter School uses clearly defined multiple methods to ensure reliability, validity, and freedom from bias in the data collected to measure student performance. In addition, we use the school's data system to assist in the improvement process to review data, evaluate and refine common outcomes.
Odyssey believes there is a need for a national norm standardized assessment (aligned with the FSA and Science FCAT 2.0) to assist in data driven decision and teaching in the core subjects.
Currently Odyssey Charter School uses the following data collection systems:
1. Study Island (by Edmentum) which measures and monitors Reading, Language, Mathematics and Science is administered three times per year.
2. The Florida Standards Assessment Tests (FSA) are administered annually and are aligned to the Language Arts Florida Standards (LAFS) and the Math Florida Standards (MAFS); also, the Science FCAT 2.0 is aligned to the Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards. End of Course (EOC) exams are administered from the last week of March through mid-April.
a. Students in grades three through eight are required to take the ELA and Math portion each year.
b. FCAT 2.0 Science is administered annually to students in fifth and eighth grades.
c. The Writing portion of the ELA assessments is administered in March.
3. The Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener (FLKRS), the statewide kindergarten screening used to assess the readiness of each child for Kindergarten.
4. Comprehensive English Language Learning Assessment (CELLA) is a tool to measure the progress of English Language Learners (ELLs) proficiency in English; thus, ensuring the skills needed in school to achieve at high levels, academically.
5. Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) has been implemented and Odyssey Charter School has established a MTSS Leadership Team to work with teachers to identify students in need of remediation and/or placement into a more intensive remediation program that focuses on a student's learning style(s).
Brevard Testing Calendar
FSA Home Page
FSA Students and Parents Portal
Response to Intervention, Florida's Multi-Tiered System of Supports information